This blog is for our HCI project, which is mainly about designing a new and innovative product.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Badly Designed Coffee Bag

Being an avid coffee drinker and having run out of coffee at home, I decided to go to the supermarket and buy some more (fair trade of course). So I bought some instant coffee and a bag of ground coffee. Now most bags of ground coffee that I have purchased in the past, have been easy to open and have had a resealable sticker so you can seal them up again. This is pretty good, because otherwise it can get messy. However, this bag of coffee I bought was neither easy to open nor was it resealable. I spent ages trying to open it, failing to do so, I picked up a pair of scissors and cut it open at the top. This posed another problem, I had to then go and find tape to seal it up before I could put it in the fridge. This was very annoying. I mean why not jump on the "lets make the bag easy to open and seal back up again" bandwagon like the other coffee companies?

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel, after 15 minutes of fiddling around, I have a nice, strong, black, fair trade cup of coffee with a shot of Irish cream. Very nice! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home